Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Of Late: June Musings






1/ Peonies: a living work of art     2/ Earl Grey donut date    3/ Trying out glasses-wearing again      4/ Nairn Falls

        5/ Pie birthday party at the park    6/ Matt Kivel record to make our collection a little bit more mellow 

        7/ My first growing thing to sprout from a seed!   8// Pops + Sis celebration




Thank you for reading my last post. I was nauseous about sharing, but it turned out the reaction to it was entirely supportive, loving, and affirmative. It sparked a lot of conversation, received over 500 unique page views, and folks from halfway around the world popped in to take a look. I think this means that we are all craving more authenticity. Not just story telling, but truth telling. 

I will keep that thought in my pocket the next time I stumble and think: this must only ever happen to me and mine.

Now. On to June. It has been a full, full month, and I'd like to empty my head of all the disparate thoughts and sights I experienced this past moon. Maybe think of this as a monthly, discombobulated update to you, my virtual penpal? 

----------------------------------------------

(I don't feel like doing the same template from last month, so... I'm not sure what's going to come out of my mouthbrain. Here goes.)

Of late...

June Was// Brimming over with leftover confetti. Purposeful, professional days. Social nights. Camping two out of four weekends. If I could take naps without heart palpitations, I might need a tall drink of one, just to recover from all the activity.

Toes// are painted a white-out white. 

:) List// That it is now seasonally appropriate to wear my birkenstocks everyday.  The bees that hang out next to our lavender bush. Season 3 of Orange is the New Black. Waking up this week without the alarm going off. Successfully registering for all the courses I wanted for my Masters come September. Season 2 of Brooklyn 99. BBQ steak. A husband who makes the best granola.

:( List// Getting next to no calls for work this week. Feeling overwhelmed about a very busy summer. Asparagus.

Feeling// excited that my parents moved to East Van last weekend! Best sister and husband team who helped them get settled, while I was off doing Maid of Honor camping duties. They live a 19 minute walk (I timed it on Monday evening) from us. A block off Trout Lake. I have absolutely no nostalgia for the Richmond house that I hear is now already torn down.

Body// is a bit bloaty. Probably too much bread. I don't know how I managed to successfully avoid it all winter, and then start eating it like it is air in the summer. 

Wearing// cut off shorts, everyday. Summer is my least inspired season to get dressed in.

Proud About// Having my last session with my counsellor last Saturday. She gave me all her notes she's taken over the past few months. I haven't sifted through them yet, but look forward to it. I am happy to have my weekend time back, but feel like it was a huge blessing to be able to tell someone what was going on for me, week after week. Walking up that big hill on Saturdays, I would dread it--'cause being honest and accountable is hard work. But sure enough, I'd always walk back down the hill, lighter than when I trudged up.

Questions on repeat in my Brain// Do we buy a new camera for Europe since Nikki is on her last legs? If so, which one? How do I read on our five weeks overseas? Do I need to invest in a Kindle or e-reader thingy? Should I cut my hair? How is it almost July already?

Things I Ate Lately That Tasted Good// Rhubarb-strawberry-apple crumble. Everything at Chicha, the Peruvian restaurant at Main and Broadway. Any salad as long as it is Bryan making the dressing, not me.

Upcoming// BFF six-pack reunion in the Yukon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Bye for now. I have to keep reading a book that is due back at the library on Friday. Priorities. 


No comments:

Post a Comment